Director, Information Security
Our direct client is a thriving Financial MSP searching for a Chief Information Security Officer.
The company offers IT Infrastructure hosting and support to their (primarily) Hedge Fund clients in the NYC area and beyond. This role will be the most senior security role in the company. The ideal candidate will combine a background in IT infrastructure with robust security experience and vision to drive and determine the Information and Systems Security solution for the MSP and its numerous hedge fund clients – and will be integral to ongoing success.
About the company:
- Financial Managed Service Provider (MSP). Services include:
- Data Centers
- Disaster Recovery
- 24/7 Help Desk
- Cisco VoIP solutions
- Design/Implementation/Support of on-site and Cloud-based services
- On-site Trade Floor support
- 30% growth per year – every year. We are looking for people to join their team and help grow the company for many years to come.
- Work with the best-in-class while supporting the world’s finest hedge funds.
- Learn and apply top technology and security practices to some of the world’s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
The Chief Information Security Officer is Client-facing
Provide insight and strategic guidance, recommend solutions and work with IT teams to implement these solutions. Be the “face” of our organization to our clients as it relates to your expertise.
in IT infrastructure and security, such as network security. Knowledge of compliance, best practices, and standards, such as FINRA, is essential.
Lead groups of hands-on engineers, account and project managers, and non-technical business members in our security focus.
Interest in identifying and exploring new opportunities for company growth.
Ability to see and guide the big picture, while guiding and leading the troops in the trenches.
Experience in the hedge fund, broker-dealer, or other financial services organizations is highly desired.
Required skills and experience:
- Security certification(s) desired.
- 5+ years related experience developing, implementing and/or architecting information security systems with a strong understanding of information security regulatory requirements and compliance issues.
- Strong understanding and experience with Networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Knowledge of security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, privacy assessments, intrusion detection, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures, and governance.
- Experience in financial services, hedge funds, and/or MSPs is a major plus.
- Be a driving force for Information Security within MSP and Hedge Fund clients.
- Regularly interface with a wide range of professionals, including various Engineers, Security professionals, and senior leadership internally and externally. Represent the MSP to client companies. Provide consultation to client companies regarding security initiatives.
Bill McQueen, Staffing Consultant
Direct: 914-517-3197 | Mobile: 727-846-3007 | Email: bill@AscendITStaffing.com