Ascend IT Staffing
(914) 517-3197 – Bill@AscendITStaffing.com – www.AscendITStaffing.com
Cisco VoIP Administrator/Engineer
LOCATION: Midtown Manhattan or Armonk, NY – employee’s preference. Ability to go to a secondary location on occasion is preferred but not required.
TYPE: Full-time employee. Benefits start immediately.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, bonus, and superb benefits.
COMPANY: Mid-sized financial Managed Service Provider (MSP). A Cisco Partner company. Main capacities include UC, data centers, hosting, onsite support, help desk, and disaster recovery.
The company has experienced consistent 30% annual growth for entire history. Quickly becoming best-in-class offering top-notch services to some of the most tech-centric and cutting-edge hedge funds in the world. Collaborative and friendly culture, significant potential for individual growth.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee internal and client’s UC environment, including support, administration, and end-user support of UC infrastructure. Serve as an escalation point from the Service Desk for UC-related issues.
- Participate in projects – design, buildout, testing, through go-live and support.
- Report to the UC Engineer/Manager, and work with several internal teams such as Service Desk, Client Site Support, Account Managers, Project and Networking teams, and senior internal management. Interface with all levels of client users, up to executives, for day-to-day support and projects.
Strong Cisco-based IP telephony experience, specifically:
- Call Manager
- Unity Connection
- Cisco Unified Presence
- Call Manager Express
- Unity Express
- 3+ years’ experience as a Cisco Voice System Engineer or AAdministrator
- Strong Cisco-based IP telephony experience
- Understanding of trading turrets highly desirable
- Obtain or maintain required career certifications of partnership with key vendors (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, CCIE voice/collaboration)
- Develop and apply auditing specifications to ensure technical integrity of the networking systems
- Strong client management and communications skills
- Provide strong working knowledge of vendor market, product families and selection criteria