Ascend IT Staffing
(914) 517-3197 – Bill@AscendITStaffing.com – www.AscendITStaffing.com
Our direct client has an immediate need for a junior to mid-level Dev-Ops Developer/Engineer to join a new team in Midtown.
Are you a bright up-and-comer with a passion for creating unique solutions to business challenges? Do you have a solid “business sense” that you can combine with a strong technical foundation? Are you creative?
This position will work closely with the systems team to automate processes and integrate data from disparate systems. Create data queries and extracts using SQL and reports using SSRS. Automate nightly processing and interfaces using scripting languages. Create utilities to monitor processes to assure successful completion.
This position is ideal for a self-starter that can talk with users and management, understand a need and then develop an approach to satisfy the need. This requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to understand complex processes, the creativity to propose viable solutions and the technical skills to make it happen. (This is not an application developer position but the position requires skills in writing scripts and utilities, extracting data and developing reports to support the business).
Who you are…
- Bright, energetic
- Strong technical foundation, and ready to apply that in a dynamic role
- Be a part of a new team in a rapidly growing firm
- Be part of the core mission of the company
- Report directly to the Director of Dev-Ops, working closely with senior leadership and every company department
- A degree in Computer Science or similar is highly desired
- 1-3 years of professional experience, possibly including internships, in a programming, system administration, Dev-Ops, engineering experience.
- Collaborate with several business units, senior leadership, and operations to think of and create solutions
- Ability to conceptualize, design, implement, test, and support projects
- Comfortable working autonomously or with a small team
- Create processes to increase efficiencies
- Work with disparate systems
- Understand business outcomes of technical solutions
- SQL, SQL Server, or similar databases/languages
- Reporting tools, such as SSRS, Crystal Reports, or Business Objects
- MS Office (Word, Excel including add-ins), VBA scripting, PowerShell
- Strong with a few programming languages, such as Perl, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, or similar.
- Experience in an open-source tech stack is welcome