Position: Account Manager
Location: Midtown Manhattan
Company: Managed Service Provider (MSP), offering infrastructure services to the top hedge funds in the greater New York area and internationally. A truly top-notch organization offering the highest level service – continues to be one of the most highly-respected companies in its niche.
- 30% annual company growth for several years running. They are looking for people to join their team and grow with the company for many years to come.
- Positive individual growth trajectory.
- Highly demanding tech-centric company. Be a part of a company whose main focus is technology – and that values you as a contributor to their core mission.
- Excellent growth potential, both within this role and in future roles.
- The Account Manager is responsible for managing multiple ongoing client relationships ensuring maximum levels of client satisfaction, retention, and growth. The Account Manager will have extensive experience in ensuring optimal service delivery of IT Infrastructure and possess proven Client and Project Management capabilities. Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry, and trading floor environments, in particular, is highly preferred but not required.
- We seek client-savvy professionals who will be able to motivate and coordinate Technology resources to effectively support our demanding hedge fund client-base for whom the effective delivery of our IT services is mission-critical.
Essential Functions include:
- Leveraging IT expertise, client management and consulting experience to assure a high level of on-going client satisfaction.
- Identify and propose solutions to recurring production issues or functional short-falls.
- Oversee team resources are effectively applied to client service request and activities to ensure timely, cost-effective issue resolution resulting in high client satisfaction.
- Accurately assess retention risk and renewal strength.
- Develop and maintain client contact with client IT contacts and as a helpful executive team at assigned firms. Build strong relationships with clients.
- Understand and stay up-to-date on client IT infrastructure requirements, technology strategy and goals and how technology solutions can solve client goals and issues.
- Identify opportunities for growth and pass along to Business Development staff.
- Work with all functions and technical teams as needed to improve customer service and team communication.
- Schedule customer maintenance and ensure appropriate customer checks are completed.
- Review service failures and produce incident reports as required.
- Produce and maintain service improvement plans.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for specific support requirements, such as onboarding documentation.
- Produce ad-hoc reports as required (CPU utilization, SAN/Storage etc.)
- Organize and chair monthly/quarterly service review meetings.
- Manage contract negotiations on behalf of clients with third party vendors.
- Promote best practices in effective client partnering, including communication, coordinating projects across multiple client sites, optimizing resources in a cost-effective and targeted manner and coaching others.
- As required, be available as part of escalation process for customer support on 24x7x365 basis.
Desired Skills and Experiences
Technical and Industry expertise
- Five plus year experience in service delivery/account management/senior consulting role, coordinating the delivery of broad-ranging IT systems infrastructure capabilities to multiple clients.
- Technical familiarity with an appropriate combination of infrastructure, server management and maintenance, network, disaster recovery, security, email, VOIP/telephony, and/or data backup and retention functionality.
- Exposure to financial services, trading environments highly desirable.
- Experience providing these services to external clients a plus.
- Hands-on exposure to desktop support, systems implantation, hardware configuration a plus.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, MIS or related field preferred a plus.
Client Support, Relationship Development, Project management
- Able to effectively analyze customer IT systems requirements. Have technical and business experience to evaluate if solutions can meet those needs.
- Hold others and self-accountable in delivering solutions and problem resolution in a timely, effective manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Understand clients’ business drivers and facilitate effective problem resolution as well as long-term value to our client’s needs.
- Strong relationship building skills with internal functions and external users.
- Foundation understanding of Project Management process.
- Communicate and Organize Effectively
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, able to understand technical issues and communicate them effectively to non-technical users of our services.
- Tenacious problem solver, own problems until fully resolved.
- Strong negotiating skills, solid business judgment and acumen.
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Create effective client presentations and reports, detailing services provided, related time and billing, and issues resolved/value received on an ongoing basis.
Email Bill@AscendITStaffing.com to apply!